The ENTHALPY project examined four key areas along the production chain to achieve overall savings of water and energy through:
- more efficient pre-treatment of milk
- elimination of fine particles during spray drying
- recovery of heat and water present in the used drying air and
- more effective cleaning processes.
The consortium, led by Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research (TNO), consisted of 2 RTOs, 5 universities and 11 industry and SME partners from eight EU Member States. An external industrial advisory board comprised some of world’s leading dairy processing companies.
RTDS was leading the Dissemination & Exploitation work package.
- EC Contribution: € 5,9 million
- Starting Date: 01/11/2013
- Duration: 36 Months
- CORDIS: https://cordis.europa.eu/project/rcn/110707_en.html